Sunday, September 18, 2011

Taking the easy road to interactivity

I have the opportunity to participate in a radio show in October.  The theme is going to be "The Top 10 Creepiest Cleveland Legends".  I figured it would be a great time to put a poll up on the site and see if I could get site visitors to help me rank the popularity of stories.  It's all speculation, of course, but that's what makes it great.  Plus it might generate more stories and give me more things to talk about on the radio show.

In a fit of "I wanna do this quick" I just did a Google search and came up with PollJunkie.  Seems perfect: no registration, allows a "ranking-style poll", they host the poll and results, one link for the poll, one for the results and they allowed me to specify a deadline date.

Of course, trying to do this quickly has it's problems too... after posting the blog entry on the site I went to try take the poll myself and noticed that I misspelled and entry (*damn*) and posted the same entry twice (*double damn*).  I went back and created a new poll, being a bit more careful this time, and re-posted the link.

This time when I went to take the poll myself the site errored out on the submit button (*really?*).  I hit submit again and things went through OK the second time.  Now I'm wondering if I should have searched some more before choosing PollJunkie.

I'm going to leave things as-is for right now and hope for the best.  I hope people email me if they have problems.

Hell, I hope people take the poll.

No comments:

Post a Comment